Easy| Servings: 2 | Ready In: 2 minutes | Yield: 1 cup Chocolate Sauce + 12 Pineapple Spears
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 2 tablespoons (21 g) cocoa powder (dark, unsweetened)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced peaches, apples, or pineapple, to serve
How It’s Done:
To make the Chocolate Sauce: Mash the banana while still in the skin to get it soft. Place in a microwave-safe container with the almond milk. Microwave for 1 minute. You can slice your fruit during this time.
After 1 minute, transfer the banana and almond milk to a blender or food processor. Add the cocoa powder and vanilla. Puree until smooth.
Pour into a serving dish and enjoy with sliced fruit.
Dessert is done.
Watch the Recipe Video:
Chef Katie’s Tips:
Mocha Flavor: For a “mocha” version of this recipe, add 1 teaspoon of instant espresso powder to the banana and almond milk before microwaving. You’ll have rich coffee flavor, great for a fancy brunch dessert.
No Refined Syrups or Sugar: I’m on a mission I’m to get rid of empty calories. While other recipes might use refined sugars, maple syrup, or honey for sweetness, these sweeteners all lack fiber and can leave you hungry. This recipe uses dates — full of fiber and healthy nutrition to keep you satisfied!
Amount Per Serving (1/2 Chocolate sauce + fruit)
Calories From Fat (13%) 12.32
% Daily Value
- Total Fat 1.43g 2%
- Saturated Fat 0.51g 3%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 24.32mg 1%
- Potassium 411.97mg 12%
- Total Carbohydrates 21.66g 7%
- Fiber 4.19g 17%
- Sugar 11.56g
- Protein 2.27g 5%
- Calcium 8.37mg <1%
- Iron 37.92mg 211%
- Vitamin A 197.5IU 4%
- Vitamin C 0mg 0%
Shopping and Gear List
- Flavorganics Pure Vanilla Extract, 2 Ounce
- Made in Nature Organic Dried Dates, 32 oz – Non-GMO Vegan Dried Fruit Snack
- Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa, 8 Ounce