Easy | Servings: 4 | Ready In: 35 minutes | Yield: 8 cups soup
Sometimes inspiration just comes in a color. Kids will love helping you find “purple foods” to add to this healthy, fat-free breakfast hash. This vegan, oil-free recipe is a great dish for entertaining at brunch or a side dish for dinner. Enjoy with Italian Vegan Chickpea Flour Frittata, Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes, or Portabella Burgers.
- 2 Chinese Eggplants, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Purple potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
How it’s Done:
Preheat your oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a non-stick baking mat.
To prepare the Purple Potato Breakfast Hash: Spread the eggplant and potatoes into a single layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with the rosemary, sage, salt, and pepper.
Bake at 425 for 25-35 minutes, stirring every 10-12 minutes to ensure even browning. Garnish with chopped chives and serve.
Chef Katie’s Tips:
Potato Variety: Use any color potatoes you like for this dish. You can even roast the potatoes in a medium-hot spot on your grill, stirring every 10-15 minutes.
Serving size: 1/4 of a recipe (about 1 1/2 cups)
Calories From Fat (5%) 3.58
% Daily Value
- Total Fat 0.41g <1%
- Saturated Fat 0.12g <1
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 151.34mg 6%
- Potassium 273.64mg 8%
- Total Carbohydrates 16.3g 5%
- Fiber 4.82g 19%
- Sugar 4.05g
- Protein 2.44g 5%
- Calcium 10.47mg 1%
- Iron 24.35mg 135%
- Vitamin A 67.37IU 1%
- Vitamin C 2.42mg 4%
Shopping and Gear List
- Simply Organic Rosemary Leaf Whole Certified Organic, 1.23-Ounce Container
- The Spice Hunter Sage, Rubbed, Dalmatian, Leaves, 0.4-Ounce Jar
- Simply Organic Spice Right Everyday Seasoning Blends, Garlic & Herb, 2 Ounce