Are you short on time but need something healthy to eat? Are you looking for an easy snack that you can grab on the way to work or before heading to the gym?
Here are 4 healthy snacks that are ready in less than 5 minutes.
Don’t be fooled, though, this more than just hummus and carrot sticks.
As a trained chef, my standards can be high. As any episode of a cooking show will teach you, the goal is to achieve balance. From fine dining to brown-bagging, if you can incorporate three essential elements into a dish, you’ll be on the road to delicious:
- Texture – Should include both crunchy and creamy
- Taste – Should include both sweet and savory (aka salty)
- Temperature – Ideally, you get a dish that marries something warm with something cold
Even with these standards, though, you don’t need fancy food. Or food that requires a lot of time and fuss.
Just because you only have 5 minutes to eat, doesn’t mean you need to compromise flavor.
1. Almond Butter and “Curr-ANTS on a Log” Celery Sticks:
Cold celery, dried zante currants, room temperature almond butter
2. Avocado Banana Rye Toasts:
Warm toasted Rye Bread, Sliced avocado, cool slice (or mashed) banana)
3. Peanut Butter Apple English Muffin:
Warm toasted Sprouted English Muffin, natural roasted peanut butter, cold sliced apple
4. Jicama Hummus Chips:
Cold Jicama “chips”, room temperature roasted red pepper hummus, sliced cucumber or red pepper garnish
Try any of these? Let me know what you think!
Share here or tag me @chefkatiesimmons on Instagram