Are you short on time but need something healthy to eat? Are you looking for an easy snack that you can grab on the way to work or before heading to the gym?
It’s Round Two of my easy snack. Here are 4 healthy snacks that are ready in less than 5 minutes.
In Round One, I laid out my standards. This is more than just peanut butters and bananas. As a trained chef, my standards are a bit higher than that. Whether I’m cooking in a fancy restaurant or throwing together a quick breast, the goal is to achieve balance. If you can incorporate three essential elements into a dish, you’ll be on the road to delicious:
- Texture – Should include both crunchy and creamy
- Taste – Should include both sweet and savory (aka salty)
- Temperature – Ideally, you get a dish that marries something warm with something cold
Even with these standards, though, you don’t need fancy food. Or food that requires a lot of time and fuss.
Just because you only have 5 minutes to eat, doesn’t mean you need to compromise flavor.
1) Pineapple Red Chili Edamame Lettuce Cup
- Diced Pineapple
- Shelled Edamame
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chili paste (or a dash of Sriracha)
- 1/2 teaspoon Tamari or tamari
- Bibb or Romaine lettuce leaves
Combine everything except the lettuce in a small bowl. Microwave for 1 minute to warm. Serve inside the cold lettuce leaves.
2) Cold Watermelon with Almonds, Mint, Aged Balsamic