Easy | Servings: 12 | Ready In: 10 minutes | Yield: 6 cups
Who says salsa is only for tomatoes? Swap out the tomatoes for golden pineapple. The natural sweetness of the fruit works well with the Mexican trinity of cilantro, lime, and spicy jalapeno in this refreshing, easy recipe. Use this oil-free, spicy condiment over your favorite vegan dishes, like Mushroom Poblano Tacos, Southwestern Black Bean Burgers, or a big Raw Southwestern Corn Salad.
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 medium pineapple, diced (about 6 cups diced pineapple)
How it’s Done
To Make the Spicy-Sweet Raw Pineapple Salsa: In a small bowl, combine the red onion, jalapeno, cumin, lime juice, and salt. Let sit while you chop the cilantro and dice the pineapple.
Add the cilantro and pineapple. Taste to adjust seasoning.
Serve chilled or at room temp.
Chef Katie’s Tips:
Grill Flavor: Chef’s Tip: For even more flavor, grilled the pineapple before dicing. This will give a smoky, charred flavor, perfect for summer.
Spice Level: If you prefer more spice, keep the seeds in the jalapeno. For less spice, omit the jalapeno
Watch to Learn More:
Serving size: 1/12 of a recipe (about 1/2 cup).
Calories From Fat (2%) 0.97
% Daily Value
- Total Fat 0.12g <1%
- Saturated Fat 0.01g <1%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 49.88mg 2%
- Potassium 95.19mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrates 10.71g 4%
- Fiber 1.2g 5%
- Sugar 7.73g
- Protein 0.49g <1%
- Calcium 40.18mg 4%
- Iron 11.02mg 61%
- Vitamin A 108.38IU 2%
- Vitamin C 0.28mg <1
Shopping and Gear List
- Simply Organic, Cumin, 2.31 oz
- Milliard Citric Acid 1 Pound – 100% Pure Food Grade NON-GMO Project VERIFIED (1 Pound)
- SameTech Easy Kitchen Tool Stainless Steel Fruit Pineapple Peeler Corer Slicer Cutter