Cantaloupe: How to Choose, Seed, and Cut into Chunks in Under 3 Minutes
How do know if a Cantaloupe is ripe? Chef Katie Simmons shares her tips on smelling and feeling for a ripe melon. Then she’ll show you how to seed and cut it in under 3 minutes! This is quick, healthy, delicious snacking.
How to Use in Recipes:
- Summer Celebration Fruit Bowls on Forks Over Knives
- Chilled Cantaloupe Soup, with sparkling water and cucumber from Alex Guarnaschelli at the Food Network
- Vegan 2 Ingredient Cantaloupe Ice Cream on Elephantastic Vegan
An entire cantaloupe is only 188 calories! This is why whole foods rule!
|Total Fat||1 g||Potassium||1,474 mg|
|Saturated||0 g||Total Carbs||45 g|
|Polyunsaturated||0 g||Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Monounsaturated||0 g||Sugars||43 g|
|Trans||0 g||Protein||5 g|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Shopping and Gear List
- OXO Good Grips Utility Cutting Board
- Farberware Classic Double Melon Baller
- Crispy Green Natural, Single Serve, Freeze-Dried Fruits, Cantaloupe,0.35 Ounce (12 Count) | Non-GMO |Gluten Free |No Sugar Added