Stuffed Sweet Potatoes for a Satisfying Plant-Based Dinner
Superfoods Unite! Sweet potatoes are stuffed with a superfood filling of blackberries, blueberries, cinnamon, and hemp seeds
Roasting Potatoes: Easy Plant-Based Weekend Meal Prep
Roasting sweet potatoes during weekend meal prep is an easy way to ensure healthy, plant-based meals during the week. First, scrub the potatoes to remove any dirt from their skins. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment or a baking mat. Spread the sweet potatoes onto the baking sheet and roast at 400F for 65-70 minutes, until a knife easily glides in and out.
You can use these roasted sweet potatoes for anything! Stuff them with this Super Food Berry Stuffing. Or, use them for a Southwestern Stuffed Potato, Green Goddess Quinoa Potatoes, or enjoy on their own. One of my favorite go-to snacks is a sweet potato topped with a big spoonful of hummus. So satisfying and delicious!
Easy, Healthy, Superfood Berry Delicious!
You’ll love this healthy, plant-based whole foods recipe! It is:
- Full of healthy, superfood ingredients
- Easy to Meal-Prep
- The Perfect Dinner for One
- Loaded with antioxidants
- Full of plant-power nutrition
- Simple and Satisfying
Chef Katie’s Plant-Based Cooking Tips:
Microwave vs. Oven: Roasting the sweet potatoes in the oven gives you the sweetest potatoes. Plus, it retains
Ground Cinnamon Benefits: Cinnamon has been shown to have positive health effects. It has been linked to lowering blood sugar and reducing inflammation. Plus, it adds a delicious, naturally sweet flavor without added sugar or syrup.
Hemp Seed Nutrition: Hemp seeds are full of healthy, plant-based nutrition. First, they are a great source of high-quality vegan protein. Plus, they also are rich in two essential fatty acids, linoleic acid (omega-6) and alpha-linolenic acid (omega-3). Like all plants, they have fiber and have been linked to lowering cholesterol. You can find them in most grocery stores in the health food aisle near other seeds like chia and flax.
Other Super Food Berry Ideas: Mix and match with other superfood ingredients! You can use frozen wild blueberries or raspberries, add a dash of ginger, or sprinkle on some slivered almonds and chopped walnuts.
Watch this Cooking Video to See a Microwave Trick:
Berry Good Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Organic Blackberries, Blueberries, Cinnamon, and Hemp Seeds
Superfoods Unite! Sweet potatoes are stuffed with a superfood filling of blackberries, blueberries, cinnamon, and hemp seeds for
- Servings: 4
- Ready In: 90 minutes
- Yield: 4 stuffed sweet potatoes
Berry Good Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Organic Blackberries, Blueberries, Cinnamon, and Hemp seeds
- For 4 sweet potatoes you need:
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 (8-ouncbag frozen organic blackberries thawed
- 1 cup frozen blueberries thawed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- Meal Prep: To Roast the Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat your oven to 400Line a baking sheet with parchment paper on a non-stick baking mat. Scrub the potatoes. Spread the sweet potatoes on the pan so that they aren’t touching. Roast for 60-75 minutes, until a knife easily glides in and out. Rotate the sweet potatoes after about 30 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- When the potatoes are tender, remove from the oven. Let cool slightly.
- To make the Berry Good Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Organic Blackberries, Blueberries, Cinnamon, and Hemp seeds: Scoop out the sweet potato flesh into a large bowl. Add the berries, cinnamon, and dash of salt. Stir gently to combine. Be careful not to over-mix or the berries will start to break down and get mushy. Taste to adjust seasoning. Scoop the filling back into the sweet potatoes. Sprinkle on the hemp seeds. Enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 3 g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 0 g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 111 mg||5 %|
|Potassium 469 mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 34 g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7 g||29 %|
|Sugars 11 g|
|Protein 4 g||9 %|
|Vitamin A||925 %|
|Vitamin C||21 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Shopping and Gear List
- AmazonBasics Silicone Baking Mat Sheet, Set of 2
- Bragg Premium Nutritional Yeast Seasoning 4.5 Ounce
- Frontier Co-op Organic Chili Powder Blend, 1 Pound Bulk Bag