Medium | Servings: 4 | Ready In: 20 minutes | Yield: about 8 cups Curry
Pre-made red curry paste and canned coconut milk come together for this quick weeknight dinner. Red Kuri Squash makes this a fun play on words, but you can use any of your favorite fall squash, bell peppers, or other stir-fry veggies in this spicy Thai dish. Serve with gluten-free brown rice noodles for a satisfying gluten-free, oil-free plant-based meal.
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 jalapeno pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons Red Curry Paste
- 1/2 red kuri squash, cut into large chunks (or about 2 cups chunks of any fall squash, like butternut or delicata)
- 4 servings Brown Rice Pad Thai noodles
- 1 bunch collards greens, stalks removed and chopped (or 3 cups any dark greens)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk
- Lime, mint, or thai basil, for serving
How it’s Done:
To make the Red Kuri Squash “Drunken Noodles” Curry: Preheat a wide pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the pepper and jalapeno until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the red curry paste and toast for a couple of minutes, just until the paste starts to stick to the pan.
Add the kuri squash to the pan and enough water to come up about an inch in the pan, about 1/2 – 1 cup water. Partially cover and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the squash is knife-glide tender, about 8-10 minutes.
To cook the Brown Rice Pad Thai Noodles: While the curry simmers, cook noodles in boiling water, according to package instructions. Drain and keep warm until the curry is ready.
When the squash is tender, add the collard greens. Cover and cook just until greens wilt, only a minute or so. Stir in coconut cream. Taste to adjust seasoning.
Toss in the cooked brown rice noodles and stir well to coat with sauce.
Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh mint or Thai basil.
Learn More in this Video:
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 1 g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0 g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 270 mg||11 %|
|Potassium 344 mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 55 g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||14 %|
|Sugars 1 g|
|Protein 8 g||16 %|
|Vitamin A||101 %|
|Vitamin C||115 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Shopping and Gear List
- Annie Chun’s Gluten-Free Brown Rice Noodles, Pad Thai, Vegan, 8-oz (Pack of 6)
- Thai Kitchen Gluten Free Red Curry Paste, 4 oz (Pack of 6)
- Aroy-d Coconut Milk 100% Original Net 8.5 Oz.(pack of 12)